Tuesday 5 October 2010

Music magazine - Research


I decided to do some music magazine research on the front covers because I thought that it would give me some ideas ready for when i start my mock up for it. I used the research engine called Google and then used their images site. Here i found lots of magazine covers that were relevant as to what I was looking for. When looking at them I did notice that mainly the colours were red and black, I think that this may have a connection with the target audience of the magazine which could be between teens and late twenty's, here is what i found;
Most of the magazines have one main picture as a background, and sometimes it overlaps the title, and then some have a title that may be one of the main story lines across the middle, this is what i did with my preliminary task.

I think that this research will help me with ideas for my final piece because to make it look professional it will have to 'blend in' with the other magazines that are out there but at the same time stand out of the crowd, this could be done by using bright colours or a dramatic headline that the reader will be automatically interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment